Monday, January 26, 2009

Student Success Profile: Lisa Kuzman

Professors and instructors always like to hear about the successes of former students. These are the joyous moments of teaching! I recently recieved this message from stylist Lisa Kuzman, based in in Long Island, NY, who kicked off her career in the very first session of Photo Styling 101:

Susan, I just wanted to wish you a great 2009 and let you know that I have been getting a few styling jobs! I was very excited this past Nov/Dec because my styling was on the cover of HOUSE Magazine (a high end design mag for the New York tri-state area). It was neat to see my work on the cover every time I was checking out at the supermarket. It was a fabulous $15 million dollar home in the Hamptons. I only styled the kitchen, which was not supposed to get the cover.

I also did a 3-page spread in their August issue for a kitchen designer. Next week I'll be doing another kitchen for the same photographer and magazine for their March/April issue. The photographer is great at promoting styling, but many people are crying poverty. I'm happy styling even if it 's only sparingly. I'd love to increase my business in that aspect. Are you running any up-coming courses on that topic? Lisa

In answer to Lisa's question about business courses, we are currently offering "Business and Marketing for Fashion Stylists" with Kim Maxwell and a general "Business for Photo Stylists" course is in the works!

No comments: